Another two weeks have passed, which means it's time for a new Early Access release. Again we've worked on beaTunes' guts trying to get it ready for prime time. The most interesting change from a technical standpoint, is the newly added ability to install match rules as plugins. This means that in the future, eager third party developers can create their own rules, drop them into the plugin folder and take advantage of them in the matching process. This plugin architecture is supposed to be a theme for beaTunes 2 - making it extendible and more powerful.
Other than that, we fixed some little things, improved this and that and hope this will be an overall stable EA release.
Nevertheless, here's the obligatory warning: Before downloading and installing this, please make sure you understand what Early Access means:
- Absolutely no warranty for whatever
- Features may or may not work, appear, and disappear
- It may not be possible to migrate data to future versions (even though we make a reasonable effort)
- This version will cease to function 2 weeks after its release
- You cannot buy this version
Just so that there is no doubt about it: EA5 isn't even a beta version.
And here are the download links:
Note for EA4 users
EA5 changes the database schema introduced in EA4. During the update, beaTunes will display a dialog box. Please be patient.
Labels: Early Access, Rulesets
Post a Comment