EA4 for beaTunes 2.1
I'd like to announce EA4 for beaTunes 2.1. Simply try it!
Just like EA3, EA4 offers to use some online resources, but will (most likely) fail with an
OnlineDBException. And as always, there is some more info in the
Alright, here's the obligatory warning: Before downloading and installing this, please make sure you understand what Early Access means:
- Absolutely no warranty for whatever
- Features may or may not work, appear, and disappear
- It may not be possible to migrate data to future or previous versions (even though we make a reasonable effort)
- This version will cease to function 2 weeks after its release
- You cannot buy this version
And here are the download links:
This EA version changes beaTunes' internal database layout quite a bit, which takes a while. Do not interrupt this process, even when it takes very long! On OS X, beaTunes 2.0 will not be able to use the database anymore, after you ran beaTunes 2.1. If you intend to try 2.1 and then go back to 2.0, make sure you back up the database before you try 2.1 (it's in
~/Library/Application Support/beaTunes/Database)! You also might want to check out this article about exporting beaTunes data.
Please provide feedback!
Labels: Early Access, Release
Post a Comment