EA6 for beaTunes 2.1
We are definitely getting closer to the final 2.1 release. I really hope it still happens before Christmas...
Today's EA release focuses on cosmetic improvements, mainly for Windows, but also contains optimized duplicate deletion code (committing should be much faster now), additional online db interaction code and some improvements of the French localization. And as always, there is some more info in the
Alright, here's the obligatory warning: Before downloading and installing this, please make sure you understand what Early Access means:
- Absolutely no warranty for whatever
- Features may or may not work, appear, and disappear
- It may not be possible to migrate data to future or previous versions (even though we make a reasonable effort)
- This version will cease to function 2 weeks after its release
- You cannot buy this version
And here are the download links:
This EA version changes beaTunes' internal database layout quite a bit, which takes a while. Do not interrupt this process, even when it takes very long! On OS X, beaTunes 2.0 will not be able to use the database anymore, after you ran beaTunes 2.1. If you intend to try 2.1 and then go back to 2.0, make sure you back up the database before you try 2.1 (it's in
~/Library/Application Support/beaTunes/Database)! You also might want to check out this article about exporting beaTunes data.
Please provide feedback!