Gentlemen, start your engines!
And with engines I of course mean beaTunes 4.0.8. You will be in for a pleasant surprise, as it will start up a lot faster than v4.0.7. To give you an idea how fast: On my test system (2013 MacBook Pro, SSD, small music library—6000 songs) beaTunes 4.0.8 consistently started twice as fast. Naturally, depending on your hardware and music library, your mileage may vary. But in any case: it's a significant improvement.
You can download the software from the download section of the website.
Most important changes in 4.0.8
- Improved startup performance.
- Fixed context menu issues with sorted match table.
- Fixed displayed order vs actual order sorting issue.
- Fixed online update URL for OS X Help.
- Added secondary sort orders for Album Rating and other columns.
Because of new code signature requirements for OS X 10.9.5, I released 4.0.9 briefly after pushing 4.0.8 out the door. The new signature is the only change.
Post a Comment