Update: beaTunes 5.0.3
I have so admit: I'm pretty glad that today's update isn't trying to fix humongous bugs that popped up in the weeks since the original v5 release. Only one of the changes qualifies as a real bugfix (an infinite loop). Hopefully this means that you guys didn't find any major bugs and not that they just weren't reported.
So most changes are small improvements in how beaTunes behaves, e.g. on macOS you can now close the main window without shutting down the whole app.
The only "major" feature change is the new ability to remote control beaTunes. To do so, 5.0.3 comes with an executable named
beaTunes5rc. On macOS, this is hidden in the app bundle under
/Contents/MacOS. On Windows, it's in the installation directory. It understands arguments like
audioplayer.pause.play (others) and thus allows you to trigger certain actions from other processes. As the remote control server opens a local socket, you might get a firewall warning when you first start beaTunes. If you don't intend to use the remote control, you should deny beaTunes the ability to accept incoming connections. In any case, beaTunes always checks where a connection is coming from and drops it, if it's not from your own machine. I will soon post more about the whole thing in a separate post.
As always, you can download the new version from the download section of the website.
Changes in 5.0.3
- Fixed main window close behavior on macOS.
- Fixed infinite analysis loop after filename change.
- Changed genre rule so that identical spellings always hit top score.
- Improved duplicates inspection to not show solutions that don't apply.
- Improved handling of synchronization errors.
- Added simple remote control mechanism.
- Added ability to restore similar songs playlist after restart.