A new beaTunes for Catalina
With the pending release of macOS 10.15 (Catalina), Apple will get rid of iTunes as we know it and replace it with the new Music.app. Because some essential things have changed, beaTunes 5.1 or earlier will not work with the Music.app. The good news is, owners of a beaTunes v5.x license can update to v5.2 for free and v5.2 does support Music.app.
Undoubtedly, Music.app support is v5.2's most important feature. But there are some other changes, mostly small enhancements and bug fixes (see below). And this:
Important: Please note that due to Apple's notarization requirements I was forced to drop support for older versions of macOS. If you are using a Mac, you need at least OS X 10.12 to run beaTunes 5.2 (OS X 10.11 will be supported again in 5.2.1).
As always, you can download the new version from the download section of the website.
Changes in 5.2.0
- Removed some annoying tooltips.
- Reduced database size.
- Added ability to delete fingerprints from database (to reduce size).
- Added support for macOS 10.15 (Catalina) Music.app.
- Added support for Beatport during metadata import.
- Added ability to force synchronization.
- Changed keyboard shortcut for zero rating (Windows only).
- Updated built-in Discogs database.
- Dropped support for old macOS versions, because of notarization.
- Fixed love/dislike propagation to iTunes (macOS only).
Due to a mistake, v5.2.0 requires macOS 10.12 or later. macOS 10.11 will be supported again in v5.2.1.