Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The rapture, rapture...

beaTunes2 logo... the rapture... didn't come. But beaTunes 3 will be released soon and I want it to be a killer. How can that be achieved? Simple:

  • Testing
  • Testing and
  • Testing

I certainly do my part, but real world feedback is way more valuable. This is where you come in.

Please help making beaTunes 3 the best beaTunes ever—get the Early Access version and take it for a ride. In particular, I'm looking for feedback about directory based libraries on Windows. Although constructive, negative feedback is typically more helpful, even positive feedback ("yep, works!") is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Neal said...

EA5 (though it seems to have existed in the past few EA's):

Certain BeatTunes parameters are not transferring into iTunes. It's not consistent, unfortunately. I can generate BPM information that shows consistently when opening and closing the database in BT, but those same files have no associated BPM in iTunes. Similarly for the Comments field: sometimes the values are properly displayed when viewing the db in iTunes, sometimes not.

The BPM information propigates 98% of the time or so. The Comments field roughly 85% of the time.

Windows 7 64-bit. iTunes 10.2.12

May 26, 2011 at 2:49:00 PM EST  
Blogger beaTunes said...

Are the files that don't have the BPM in iTunes perhaps read-only?

May 26, 2011 at 2:51:00 PM EST  
Blogger Neal said...

EA6, now. :)

That, indeed, solved the BPM issue. Thank you for the suggestion!

However, in the process of re-analyzing those files, it's erasing the Key information.

I ran the analysis with the following check boxes:
x Import non-iTunes... (all eight sub-boxes)
x Estimate BPM (Both sub-boxes; Rayshoot, 70-140 BPM, Accurate)
x Determine Color (Replace existing, and Embed color also selected)
x Analyze key (Replace existing only selected sub-box)
x Import metadata (radio button: Replace existing, all sub-options set excepting Genre)
x Import Lyrics (Replace existing selected)
x Compute Replay Gain (Replace existing selected)
x Copy key to comment field (have appropriate plug-in)

IIRC, these are the same Analyze settings I've used in previous EA's which did not result in overwriting my Key field with blank data.

May 26, 2011 at 4:06:00 PM EST  
Blogger beaTunes said...

Hm.. That's odd.
I'd have to see the logs, to see what's wrong. Please open a discussion at http://help.beatunes.com/ and attach your logs. This will tell you where to find your logs and how to send them.
That all said, using Import Metadata with the Replace Existing option is highly discouraged, unless you know for sure that your data is bogus.

May 27, 2011 at 1:42:00 AM EST  
Blogger Neal said...

Thanks -- I have initiated a support request through appropriate channels.

I'm sorry to give you yet another chance to show me the extraordinary support that I have come to expect based on previous experiences. :)

May 27, 2011 at 2:57:00 PM EST  
Blogger beaTunes said...

Hi Neal! Thanks for posting this. EA6 has a bug in the key detection pipeline, that makes all computed (as opposed to downloaded) keys null. This is already fixed in dev. It happened due to some last minute changes in the underlying DSP framework to fix a bug in the ReplayGain algorithm.
Yep... it's all connected :-)

May 29, 2011 at 2:51:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home