beaTunes News

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Update: beaTunes 4.6.8

beaTunes4 logo

Mostly thanks to user-feedback, today's update fixes a number of little things having to do with showing the right cursor, dealing with filter issues, synchronization artifacts etc. That aside, the most important change is probably, that for now I have dropped support for directly writing to STEM files. Whenever the file manipulation happens via iTunes (in an iTunes-based library), things work as expected. But beaTunes itself will not modify STEM files anymore. It turned out that the library beaTunes uses for MP4 manipulation wasn't able to correctly adjust a certain value for all five streams contained in a STEM, which led to problems when playing the file in Traktor. The problem is understood and fixed, but a newer version of the library that contains the fix is not released yet.

People using MIK made me aware that it uses different tags when writing the initial key into OGG and FLAC files. I have updated beaTunes to make sure that they are imported correctly.

Last but not least, a bug that led to rare application crashes was fixed in both MFSampledSP and FFSampledSP, which is why I updated both libraries.

As always, you can download the new version from the download section of the website.

Most important changes in 4.6.8

  • Added support for MIK-style key tags for OGG and FLAC.
  • Fixed loss of sort order after folder-based library sync.
  • Fixed manually entered ratings shown as computed until sync.
  • Fixed possible disappearing resize cursor for table headers.
  • Fixed display refresh problem when editing inline while a filter is set.
  • Removed some tagging support for stems, due to file corruption issues.
  • Improved automatic iTunes library detection (non-ASCII paths).
  • Improved resilience against Windows COM errors.
  • Moved to MFSampledSP 0.9.7.
  • Moved to FFSampledSP 0.9.15.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home