beaTunes News

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Update: beaTunes 5.1

Thanks to the help of some very engaged users I was able to figure out a couple of performance issues with humongous libraries. For those libraries, both startup performance and general usage should be much improved. Furthermore, I have updated a number of built-in databases to improve similar genre and artist matching. And of course, as part of the general, ongoing maintenance, I've fixed some bugs I had become aware of.

As always, you can download the new version from the download section of the website.

Changes in 5.1.0

  • Re-organized index structure for better performance.
  • Improved opening time for Get Info dialog.
  • Improved view caching for large collections.
  • Improved docs for estimate mood task.
  • Improved efficiency when removing tracks from playlist.
  • Improved notification behavior.
  • Improved table rendering performance.
  • Added smooth table/tree scrolling (Mac only).
  • Adjusted Home/End key behavior in playlists.
  • Fixed issue with disabled context menu actions.
  • Fixed hang at initial song selection in very large playlist.
  • Fixed delay when switching to very large playlist.
  • Fixed potential NPE during synchronization of mp3s.
  • Fixed drag-import of folders.
  • Fixed potential NPE in synched key/tempo matching.
  • Fixed move to trash on Windows.
  • Fixed chart cover images aliasing.
  • Fixed Beatport previews (403 error).
  • Updated built-in Discogs database.
  • Updated Wikidata-based genre ontology.
  • Updated DBpedia-based genre ontology.
  • Updated to JRuby
  • Updated to Groovy 2.4.13-indy.

Labels: , , , , ,


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home