Update: beaTunes 5.1
Thanks to the help of some very engaged users I was able to figure out a couple of performance issues with humongous libraries. For those libraries, both startup performance and general usage should be much improved. Furthermore, I have updated a number of built-in databases to improve similar genre and artist matching. And of course, as part of the general, ongoing maintenance, I've fixed some bugs I had become aware of.
As always, you can download the new version from the download section of the website.
Changes in 5.1.0
- Re-organized index structure for better performance.
- Improved opening time for Get Info dialog.
- Improved view caching for large collections.
- Improved docs for estimate mood task.
- Improved efficiency when removing tracks from playlist.
- Improved notification behavior.
- Improved table rendering performance.
- Added smooth table/tree scrolling (Mac only).
- Adjusted Home/End key behavior in playlists.
- Fixed issue with disabled context menu actions.
- Fixed hang at initial song selection in very large playlist.
- Fixed delay when switching to very large playlist.
- Fixed potential NPE during synchronization of mp3s.
- Fixed drag-import of folders.
- Fixed potential NPE in synched key/tempo matching.
- Fixed move to trash on Windows.
- Fixed chart cover images aliasing.
- Fixed Beatport previews (403 error).
- Updated built-in Discogs database.
- Updated Wikidata-based genre ontology.
- Updated DBpedia-based genre ontology.
- Updated to JRuby 18.104.22.168.
- Updated to Groovy 2.4.13-indy.