Crashes on Intel Macs
Unfortunately, some of you Intel Mac users have experienced crashes of beaTunes. This is caused by a bug in Apple's implementation of the Java server VM. Here's how you switch to the client VM, which does not seem to have this bug:
- Ctrl-click on the application icon
- Select "Show package contents"
- Open the Contents Folder
- Open the file Info.plist with some text editor (e.g. TextEdit)
- Close to the end of the file you will find a line that has "server" in it
- Replace "server" with "client"
- Save the file
- Restart beaTunes
We will make the client VM the default VM in the next update release to avoid this issue altogether. In the mean time, if you are a member of the ADC, please feel free to file bug reports with Apple. The Java crash logs can be found in ~/Library/Logs/Java.
No problem for me on a Macbook pro core-duo. Your program is perfect ! Thank you very much :)
Post a Comment