Update: beaTunes 5.1.1
Most of the changes in this update are based on user-feedback. So yes! Please let me know what bugs you. Often small changes can make a huge difference.
Version 5.1.1 introduces limited support for importing and exporting Serato crates. Limited, as the way crates are stored is actually quite unusual. Apparently a single crate can be spread over multiple volumes (devices), which is not supported (yet). Anyhow, to import a crate via
File -> Import Playlist, you will have to find its crate file, which is typically located in a folder named
_Serato_. To export a playlist as crate, you will need to make sure that all songs in your playlist are stored on the same device and then save the
.crate file in the appropriate
_Serato_ folder. To initiate the export, just use the regular playlist export functionality, i.e. right-click on a playlist and select
Export Playlist..., then choose
CRATE (see screenshot). Serato should pick up the new crate during the next restart.
There are a bunch of other small improvements and fixes. For details see the list below. As always, you can download the new version from the download section of the website.
Changes in 5.1.1
- Added New Folder to context menu.
- Added ability to import multiple playlists at once.
- Added (limited) ability to import and export Serato crates.
- Improved volume adjustment latency.
- Improved sync speed for iTunes collections with many non-music items.
- Improved UX of scan mode.
- Updated Get Info detection algorithms.
- Fixed premature playback end after seek.
- Fixed playlist selection on tree drop.
- Fixed issue in prominent scan of short tracks.
- Moved to CASampledSP 0.9.14.
- Moved to MFSampledSP 0.9.9.
- Moved to FFSampledSP 0.9.23.