Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Saturday, January 27, 2018
From the trenches: remove leading/trailing whitespace
It's not an official inspection, but a good example for how some things can be done quick & dirty with the plugin API: a little RemoveWhitespace beaTlet. Check out this help forum post for details. The source code can also be found in the GitHub repo under groovy.
Have a great weekend!
Thursday, January 25, 2018
beaTunes for Taps: Offer ends soon!
Just to give you an update: On average every segment has been tapped more than 3.5 times and all of them at least twice. This is not quite the amount of data I'd like to have, but it's nevertheless soon time to stop collecting and start with the evaluation.
So, if you're interested in earning a beaTunes license, start tapping before 1/31/2018, as that's the official end date for the offer.
Thursday, January 11, 2018
Update: beaTunes 5.1
Thanks to the help of some very engaged users I was able to figure out a couple of performance issues with humongous libraries. For those libraries, both startup performance and general usage should be much improved. Furthermore, I have updated a number of built-in databases to improve similar genre and artist matching. And of course, as part of the general, ongoing maintenance, I've fixed some bugs I had become aware of.
As always, you can download the new version from the download section of the website.
Changes in 5.1.0
- Re-organized index structure for better performance.
- Improved opening time for Get Info dialog.
- Improved view caching for large collections.
- Improved docs for estimate mood task.
- Improved efficiency when removing tracks from playlist.
- Improved notification behavior.
- Improved table rendering performance.
- Added smooth table/tree scrolling (Mac only).
- Adjusted Home/End key behavior in playlists.
- Fixed issue with disabled context menu actions.
- Fixed hang at initial song selection in very large playlist.
- Fixed delay when switching to very large playlist.
- Fixed potential NPE during synchronization of mp3s.
- Fixed drag-import of folders.
- Fixed potential NPE in synched key/tempo matching.
- Fixed move to trash on Windows.
- Fixed chart cover images aliasing.
- Fixed Beatport previews (403 error).
- Updated built-in Discogs database.
- Updated Wikidata-based genre ontology.
- Updated DBpedia-based genre ontology.
- Updated to JRuby 22.214.171.124.
- Updated to Groovy 2.4.13-indy.