beaTunes 5.2.14: Much Improved Beatport Integration
As pointed out recently, Beatport has updated their application programming interface (API), which meant that the part of beaTunes that "talks" with Beatport had to be updated as well. This update is the most important "new" feature in beaTunes v5.2.14. The integration code had to be more or less rewritten from scratch. As a result, I was able to add some goodies. Most importantly, you don't have to manually connect to Beatport anymore. It just works out of the box (provided you have a suitable Internet connection). Secondly, you cannot just look at the Beatport charts, but play the previews like a playlist, which makes for pretty nice experience. Overall, this API update has led to some neat improvements.
Other changes in this update have to do with fixing little things here and there, typically with the goal of making the app more stable and responsive.
As always, you can download the new version from the download section of the website.
Changes in 5.2.14
- Improved error reporting when initializing itlibrary.
- Improved stability for Music.app-based libraries.
- Improved database stability/integrity.
- Updated built-in Discogs database.
- Updated to Java 126.96.36.199+1.
- Skip certain folders during synchronization of folder-based libraries.
- Re-implemented Beatport integration.
- Added Artwork not embedded inspection for Music.app-based libraries.
- Fixed potential OutOfMemoryError caused by too many threads.